Ralph> I need to use Lyx-Code style in a layout that doesn't have it.
Ralph> So I copied the Lyx-Code style into my layout. It works except
Ralph> that multiple spaces are compressed into a single space.

Ralph> -------------------------------------------------------- Could
Ralph> someone explain this? And explain how I can modify my document
Ralph> class to use Lyx-Code with multiple spaces?
Ralph> --------------------------------------------------------

Yes, it seems the definition of LyX-Code does not work with the ams
classes. More experiments will be needed.

Ralph> Note: I do not have sysadmin privalages so cannot modify the
Ralph> standard layouts and apparently cannot create a new one in my
Ralph> .lyx/layouts directory. I run config and then check the list of
Ralph> classes in the popup Layout/document.../class but the new
Ralph> layout is not listed. (Yes, I exit lyx and then restart lyx.)

Ralph> What I do is modify the standard layouts in my .lyx/layouts
Ralph> directory to get the layout that I want. This is crude but
Ralph> gives me what I need until this can be sorted out.

This should work correctly. How do you modify the files?

JMarc