I posed this question over on the dev list but got very little response
so I thought I would see what kind of response I could get on the user
list.

I'm in the process of creating a format converter that will convert pod
( Perl plain old documentation ) to LyX. Actually I just about have a
base package ready that supports most stuff.

The question I posed was whether anyone besides myself would use it or
would find it useful.

So how about it would any of you find this type of tool useful?

I ask this because I want to know if I should spend the time to polish
it up a bit. If I'm the only person that finds this useful then there is
really no need for me to spend the time to document and clean the code
up. But if others find it useful then I will need to do that.

Also on a side note I'm also considering doing these things as well:

1) A lyx2pod format converter - actually this one will be more work but
I will find it useful.
2) rtf2lyx ( rich text format to LyX ) format converter. And maybe the
other way around as well.

Again if you think any of these would be useful let me know.

Thanks
Richard