Having spent the weekend working with lyx, I have come to the conclusion
that cut and paste will not work when the text being cut and pasted
includes hard spaces that have been imported from an ascii file. Every
time I try to  paste text I had just cut or copied that included a hard
space (either in the same line or between paragraphs) the program
crashes.

I worked around this problem by highlighting the text and
middle-clicking where I wished to place the text. It worked, but is a
definate pain when having to navigate a 50+ page document.

Unfortunately, I have not been able to learn to use gdb yet (I will work
on learning it soon, but have had a hard year of lots of law school
stuff:-| -- then again, I whine.)
I would be willing to post some of the problem text as a file, if that
would help.

I am running Suse 6.4 with Lyx version 1.1.5pre1.rpm which I installed
via YaST. I am also using the document layout 'article'.

Shawn Koons

--
Mitakuye Oyasin