I'm using lyx 1.1.4 fix3 with linux Mandrake 7.02, latex web2c 7.3.1 and
tex version 3.14159
Today, LyX have a strange comportment.
1) LyX tells me, when I want to compile some documents : missing
\begin{document} in messages boxes;
Of course, when I edit the .tex file, the command is here !
1.1) but some documents, without anything in preamble, work nicely.

2) with some documents, which use, in latex preambule,
\usepackage{french} or \usepackage[french]{babel} I have this message
before my text when I view it in psviewer :
Latex//bblopts.cfg
Latex//frpatch.sty
Latex//frpatch.sty      Latex//french.cfg
 Blahblahblah...

2.1) But, some documents, with \usepackage[french]{babel} in latex
preambule works finely !

3) I try to add \usepackage[french]{babel} in the documents which said
"missing \begin{document}" (like in 1) and, sometime, it's work, and
sometime no ! (like in 2 and 2.1)
3.1) When I add \usepackage[french]{babel} in document which have not
previously, and don't work, like in 1, I have errors : "the package
babel has already been loaded with option[]".

4) I try to add \usepackage[french]{babel} in documents which, like in
1.1, works well, and I had the message "the package babel has already
been loaded".

5) So I decide to apply latex directly to the .tex file created by LyX.
I took a file which not work with or without preamble. I killed the
preamble. I made "latex the-file.tex", no problem. After I made "dvips
-o the-file.ps the-file.dvi", no problem, I got a ps file. When I viewed
it, there was a firt page with :
Linux//bblopts.cfg
Linux//the-name-of-the-file.aux
and my text starting at the second page.

The file .aux consist in :
\relax
\catcode`:\active
\catcode`;\active
\catcode`!\active
\catcode`?\active
\select@language{frenchb}
\@writefile{toc}{\select@language{frenchb}}
\@writefile{lof}{\select@language{frenchb}}
\@writefile{lot}{\select@language{frenchb}}

So I took the same file, adding the preamble \usepackage[french]{babel}
with LyX, and apply latex directly on the .tex file created by lyx. And
I had exactly the same thing...

I'm very annoying because I don't understand what's happen !
NB : I try "reconfigure" and "texhash", but there was no changement.
If you can help me, I would be very happy !

--
Vincent