Joseph Zitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| > You can make a copy of report.layout (f.ex. myreport.layout) and add
| > your environments to that. I guess that report.layout contains encough
| > examples on how to add environments so that you will be able to do it
| > fairly easy. (also look at the .inc files)
|
| Well, there may well be people for whom it is easy... but then there are
| also people who like configuring sendmail...

Huh?

| >From what I can tell, this involves putting odd parameters in four or
| five fuzzily defined files hidden in obscure places. Over the past

Obscure place: /usr/local/lyx/layouts/

cp /usr/local/lyx/layouts/report.layot ~/.lyx/layouts/myreport.layout

Now add your environments to that. This will be the _only_ file that
you have to touch.

"And how do I add my environments to myreport.layout"

Look in other .layout files and .inc files and look for environments
that has the similar funcitionality. Then add a similar blurm to
myreport.layout.

| couple of months, I haven't been able to puzzle out what needs to be
| where.

You have puzzled to much.

| I *would* like to be able to take some time out from having my
| computer play mindgames with me, and actually be able to write the
| freakin' book *sigh*.

You know you _could_ begin writing the book before all framework was
in place.

        Lgb