Baruch Even wrote:

  > Regarding that I have a question, would you require the conversion to be a
  > part of LyX, or maybe using external programs will be ok, ImageMagick for
  > example is freely available and can convert almost anything to EPS, would
  > requiring ImageMagick (or other suitable tools) for this feature be too
  > much?

I would prefer if the configuration of LyX searched out and used the
available image conversion tool on the system (ImageMagick, xv, gimp
tools, etc.) the way configuration currently does for latex -> html,
Postscript viewers, and other external tools.  Nothing wrong with
ImageMagick but it is not used on some systems which may have
perfectly suitable alternate tools available.

--

Ronald Florence                 http://members.home.net/18james