John> This gets stranger. I downloaded a precompiled version 1.1.5 on
John> rpm, exploded it and installed it. It still generates the
John> segmentation error. Then I eliminated kde and went back to
John> fvwm2.

John> It still generates the segmentation fault error. AFAIK lyx is
John> the only thiong affected.

John> Is there some special requirement for libraries etc. peculiar to
John> lyx that could be causing this problem?

John> I have glibc 2.1.2, Xforms 88, libXpm 4.11. I really need lyx
John> and I really need help :-(

Where did you get your xforms 0.88 from? It should be compiled for
glibc2.1.

JMarc