Jean-Marc Lasgouttes wrote:

> Pedro> Thank you for your answer. I'd like to make two comments:
>
> Pedro> 1. This is more a suggestion than a problem. In talking about
> Pedro> document defaults in LyX it would be good to have some way to
> Pedro> figure out what those defaults are for each document type
> Pedro> without having to actually print the document or look into the
> Pedro> layout and class files. As an example, the defaults could be
> Pedro> presented in parenthesis in the pull down menus.
>
> It is always possible to add that in the description of the textclass.
> However, it would be more difficult for LyX to discover that.

So, what aren't the "default" statements in the layout files for? Aren't
those supposed to tell LyX what the defaults are for each texclass so
that there is no need to "discover" them?

> Pedro> 2. I fixed the typo in my layout file and now the relevant
> Pedro> section looks like this:
>
> Pedro> ClassOptions Other 12pt,openright,twoside End
>
> Pedro> However, LyX only takes the first option before the comma (12pt
> Pedro> above). The others are ignored. Is this a bug? or is my syntax
> Pedro> wrong?
>
> Try to enclose the options in quotes, like
>
> ClassOptions
>   Other                 "12pt,openright,twoside"
> End
>
> However, if you create your own latex class, there is no need to
> specify this at LyX level. These options should only be set in the
> .cls file.

I prefer to do it like this because it provides feedback to the user
about what the defaults of the texclass are. It wouldn't be necessary if
all the default values defined in the layout file were visible under the
menu Layout --> Document, but they are not, only a few of them.

--
Pedro