Does the [H] trick for placing individual figures work for other options
such as [p] so that I could place a particular figure on a page on its
own? (I would like to do this so that colour figures can be printed out
on separate pages)

I've tried putting [p] in ERT at the very begining of the float but
viewed as postscript it just ends up with the float position the same as
before and with a "[p]" printed out in front of it. I don't have any
float placement specified in layout->document. Am I doing something
silly here? (using lyx 1.1.5)

If anyone knows  a way of forcing individual figures onto their own page
it would be very useful.

TTFN
Dan

On Thu, 29 Jun 2000, M.Hendler wrote:

        > Hi all!
        >
        > The placement of  floats drive my crazy!
        > I am using the book style an set the placement to: !htbp
        > The problem is, that I have 5 floats (6cm x 4.25cm) which all
should be placed
        > in the text.
        > But LyX places them on a random style. :)

        it's not that floats should be ...
        but try

        \usepackage{floats}   %<- latex preamble

        leave option float placement in layout->document blank
        and write in tex (red) as the very first line in the float

        [H]

        but remember, that the H-Option puts the floats
        exactly there, where they appear in the page.

        Herbert