On Tue, Jul 18, 2000 at 11:42:15PM -0700, Lars Jensen wrote:
> When trying to import a latex file in lyx I get the following error message:
>
> Reading LaTeX command syntax
> (plan990.tex: Splitting Preamble
> problem opening plan990.relyx1: Permission denied
> Exited due to fatal Error!
>
> In other words the relyx1 file appears to have the wrong permissions. Can anyone
>help explain what's going wrong here.

Are you running it in a directory that you have no permission to write into?

Try copying the tex file into your home directory and do the operation there.

                        ---Kayvan
--
Kayvan A. Sylvan                   | Proud husband of      | Father to my kids:
Sylvan Associates, Inc.            | Laura Isabella Sylvan | Katherine Yelena