Preamble: I am a LyX novice.

I am writing a PhD thesis with LyX, first of all I thank you very much for LyX:
it is really wonderful.

I attach a file with three examples explaining my problems.

First example: I tried to import a XFig picture not in the same directory as
the lyx document. LaTeX complains.

Second example: I moved the XFig picture in the same directory and tried again
to import it (with input). Everything works except that the picture is not
centered.

Third example: if the XFig picture are not coupled with imported eps in the same
document, LaTeX complains.

I would like to:
- keep my images in different directories than the text (as in
the first example),
- center the XFig pictures that I succed importing (as in second example),
- have a document with only one XFig picture (as in third example).

I read the manuals, but I did not find any solution.
My config is the following: Linux Mandrake 7.1 on a i386, LyX 1.1.5fix1.

I thank you once again.

--
Emanuele Gissi & Alessia Franceschi

via Damiano Chiesa 20/B
60123 Ancona - Italia
tel: 0039 071 32979 - email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
fax: 0039 071 220.2256

"L'imagination, ce n'est pas le mensonge"
[Daniel Pennac - Messieurs les enfants, ed. Gallimard, Paris, 1997]

all_my_examples.tar.gz