Kayvan> On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 09:28:08AM -0400, Dave Rolfe wrote:
>> I have just started using Lyx to create patent documents. I am
>> using version 1.1.5fix1 and installed it as an rpm binary. It is
>> working quite well, but I have a couple questions. Right now I am
>> printing out using the Times font, but I may need to create output
>> using a sans serif font. I went to the document menu and clicked on
>> helvit. I understand that this does not change the screen font.

The helvet options (which uses the helvet.sty package) does only one
thing: change the sans-serif font to be helvetica instead of computer
modern sans serif. So it does not really helps you. I know it's
stupid, but it is how things are right now...

However, there is a solution: add
  \renewcommand\familydefault{\sfdefault}
in Layout->LaTeX_Preamble. This will not change the disaply on screen
but should be corretc for xdvi/paper.

It would not be too difficult to make a patent style that does that
and gives correct display (especially if a latex document class for
that eixsts).

JMarc