David Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

| After a few hours of sleep I can add that the X paste buffer must be empty
| for the crash to occur.  If the X paste buffer contains something then it
| just pastes the contents of the buffer into the infobar (why is it editable
| at all?).  The traceback shows the forms library clipboard request code to be
| the culprit, my amateurish guess is that it is not handling the empty X paste
| buffer gracefully - but what do I know?:

What version of XForms are you using?
Some versions have had problems with the clipboard.
Are you also sure that you are using a xforms lib that is compiled for
you libc?

        Lgb

As I mentioned in the original post the Xforms lib version is 0.89.  It is the glibc2.1 elf version from the XForms master ftp server, and I am running a clean installed Redhat 6.2 distro on a brand new machine, so it **should** be OK.  This is the only lyx glitch I have so far found, everything else looks fine and I have other forms library based apps which don't seem to be showing any symptoms at this stage - bear in mind the whole installation in less than two weeks old, so there could be problems lurking that I have not tripped over yet.  It would be nice to be able to get the forms library source and rebuild it myself to rule a libc hiccup out (and trace the crash a little better)..... oh well.

--
David C Martin ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Materials Engineering Laboratory,