On Fri, 18 Aug 2000, Jonathan Pennington wrote:

> I seem to remember this thread rearing its head before, but I can't
> find it in the archives. I want to import and edit postscript
> files. How can I do so?

Not too easy. Probably the best way is to load the postscript
file to xfig and "paint over": ie, you can't really edit
the postscript file in xfig, but you can remove parts by
drawing white rectangles over the graphics and add new graphics.

One way is to convert to bitmap and edit with Gimp, but this is
not too good solution.

I think I heard there's some commercial program (from Adobe?)
which would allow editing (loading) postscript files.

Page-granularity editing can be done with gv: load the page
and save only wanted pages. psutils has some utilities which
allow resizing and rotating whole pages.