Emanuele Olivetti wrote:

> I'm back from holidays .. :-(       ;-)

i have still 8 days ... :-)

> This works, but generate my BIG problem: LaTeX ask to "redefine" also
> "proof" with \renewtheorem ; I added (don't laugh...) :
> \renewtheorem{proof}{Dimostrazione}[section]

this is the problem with the old algorithm-style from ams. therefore
i always use komascript (book) and than ntheorem-style.

> but LaTeX starts to numerate Proofs! No, this is not good.
>
> so I tried:
> \renewtheorem{proof}{Dimostrazione}
>
> Numbers again (other kind of numeration)... :-((
>
> How can I avoid proof numbering?

anywhere:

\theoremstyle{nonumberplain} % only valid for the following \newtheorems
or \renewtheorems
\newtheorem{myproof}{Proof} % or \renewtheorem{proof}...

in text
\begin{myproof}
holidays holidays holidays ... :-)
\end{myproof}

with \renewtheorem{proof} you can use lyx paragraphh-style for proof.

Herbert

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://perce.de/voss