Greetings:

The recent bibliography thread reminded me:  inserting several bibtex
references in a row doesn't do what I'd like:

(Lyx window)        _becomes_  (latex)
blah[cite1][cite2]             blah \cite{cite1}\cite{cite2}

The output then looks like this:  blah [1][2]
when it ought to be this:         blah [1-2]

How about merging adjacent citations when the LaTex output is
generated, like this:

(Lyx window)               _becomes_  (latex)
blah[cite1][cite2][cite3]             blah \cite{cite1,cite2,cite3}

This way bibtex can Do The Right Thing, be it [1-3] or
(key1,key2,key3) or whatever.  Pehaps adjacent \LatexCommand
insets should routinely be merged when the actual LaTex output is
generated -- but the citation-merging would still need to happen.

As is, (LyX 1.1.5fix1 of Tue Jul 18, 2000) I can put in the several
citation keys in the bibtex pop-up (and it works fine) BUT it makes
adding citations or changing their arrangement more problematic.

Otherwise, I Like Lyx! (Let's make "ILL" buttons!)

 -- Will
Will Fischer

Biology Department                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Indiana University                      Lab:    812-855-2549
Jordan Hall 142                         FAX:    812-855-6705
1001 E. Third Street
Bloomington, IN  47405-3700 USA