Hi,

I am HAPPY, I have the Lyx logo on my Win98 desktop!  And even better, I
can marginally use the program. However, I have a slight problem (there
may be many to come because I am no efficienado when it comes to
hacking) I cannot either view PostScript nor can I print from it. I get
the following message:

Failed to load C:\GHOSTGUM\gs0.0\bin\gsdll32.dll, error 1157 = DLL not
found
Failed to load C:\GHOSTGUM\GSVIEW\gsdll32.dll, error 1157 = DLL not
found
Failed to load gsdll32.dll, error 1157 = DLL not found
Can't load Ghostscript DLL

If anyone can help guide me, I would appreciate it.

Also,

When viewing in dvi (Yap) I can print but must use a different printer
(mine is a Brother HL-630) driver. When I print this way I get a nag
screen that says:

"You have selected different METAFONT modes for the printer and the
display. While it is possible to use two modes, it is not a recommended
practice to do so."

Since my printer will not print @ 600 dpi (I use the HP Laser Jet IIISi
(300dpi) - will I be damaging anything by staying with this setup.

Appologies if it is blatantly obvious that I am not real literate in
this area. If more information is needed, let me know.

Shawn