On Thu, Sep 21, 2000 at 10:04:19PM -0000, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hello
> I desperately try to insert Linux desktop screenshots into my
> LyX formatted thesis.
> The problem is and was that I don't manage to generate .eps grayscale
> (because B/W laserprinter)with enough quality. My fellow students would
> laugh on me when comparing their sharp pictures inserted in Word :-((
> So I tried both Gimp and Xv as advised in your ML archive under the thread
> reference "Using GIF Images?" (especially by contributor C. Sawtell).
> Unfortunately, the results seen and printed via GV5.50 are still awful.
> What's the procedure to prove that LyX "can do it"?

If bitmap graphics is needed, perhaps the best way is to use pdflatex which can
directly include JPEG/PNG/TIFF images.
Unfortunately, the most recent stable version (1.1.5fix1) doesn't have PDF
support, so you will have to export the file as latex and run pdflatex
yourself (the CVS version does have PDF support).