Hello,

I have a laptop with limited memory, so I have to run RH 5.2 (not sure
if I can go to higher version - P166 w/ 16Meg Ram.)

What is the highest version of Lyx I can run, and what are the
dependencies I need to make sure are included? Also, I have so far been
unsuccessful at getting the modem working, so is there a way to break
down the program on floppies - or should I wait until I figure out the
modem situation? (BTW - the RH 5.2 boxed set I got at a book sale
included Lyx 0.12.0 -- it is functional, but I wonder about trying to
import documents produced with later versions - I.e., is the later
version backwards comparitble.)

Right now I am stuck with lyx 1.1.5fix1 on a windozzzzze box.  -- which
is why I NEED to get lyx running on a Linix box ASAP before I go crazy.)

Shawn Koons

--

-- Mitakuye Oyasin --