Kan Chee Siong wrote:

> I tried to install LyX on a PC running windows98, not connected to network.
> But get the following error message when I try to fire up the LyX:
>
> Not enough environment space.
>
> I can fire up the Xwin32 manually. The IP add. set in Xwin32 was 127.0.0.1
>
> Thanks

>From the Lyx for windows home page:

Known problems and available fixes (if present ;-)

Out of environmental space

When calling the batch file RUNLYX.BAT you get the above error message. Make
sure you have enough environment space configured on your system in
C:\CONFIG.SYS. I recommend 1536 Bytes, so you need a line

        shell=C:\command.com C:\ /e:1536 /p

in your C:\CONFIG.SYS, assuming that COMMAND.COM resides in C:\ on your
system! If COMMAND.COM is not present in C:\ on your system it is usually
present in the main Windows directory, i.e. C:\WINDOWS by default. Then you
have to set

        shell=C:\WINDOWS\command.com C:\WINDOWS /e:1536 /p

in your C:\CONFIG.SYS.

I hope this helps,

-Mario