Hello,

On Wed, 15 Nov 2000, Paul Lussier wrote:

> So, I want to learn LaTeX.  I don't plan on becoming an expert, or abandoning
> LyX, though.  So, I ask you fellow LyX'ers who have been LaTeX'ing since the
> pre-LyX era, where do I begin?
>
> Of course, my editor of choice is Emacs, so I'm also interested in learning
> how to LaTeX within Emacs.  I think the learning LaTeX seems to be easier to
> figure out than how to do it with Emacs :)
>
> Any good pointers on where to find an Intro to LaTeX with Emacs?

Don't be afraid, LaTeX isn't so complicated as it seems, at least for
easy documents. So export an document in lyx to LaTeX and look at it
in the emacs (did xou have auctex installed, is lovely) and i guess
you understand a lot. And then learning by doing :)

Best wishes

jan

--
 Jan Goebel (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])