Reiner Emmerling wrote:

> Hi all,
> i'm writing my thesis in book-class in lyx1.1.5fix2 and have two problems
> regarding headers and titles of chapters.
> First one is, that i get for a pre-chapter (chapter*-Format), which is located
> between the table of figures and the real first chapter "introduction", a
> header "table of figures" instead of the true header "title of pre-chapter".
> How can i change the header for the prechapter?

i don't know if i realy understand your problem? but if you want to
change
the "table of figure"-name do a \renewcommand\figurename{your title}

> Second problem i have is regarding the numbering of the BibTeX generated
> references. I inserted the table of references with the lyx-feature
> 'Insert->List&TOC->BibTeX Reference', but the automatically inserted reference
> chapter with the title "References" had no chapter number. How can i add the
> chapter number to the reference chapter?

write in latex preamble
for komascript book-class (you should prefer this class!)

\renewcommand\bib@heading{\chapter{\bibname}}

for standard book-class (only the second line is new! chapter without
star)

\renewenvironment{thebibliography}[1]
     {\chapter{\bibname
        \@mkboth{\MakeUppercase\bibname}{\MakeUppercase\bibname}}%