What do you do to put pictures (jpeg or gif) into Lyx documents?

I tried the easy route. I generated a TeX document with the program
"html2latex" that includes some png pictures. When I run reLyx on the
document, no pictures show up. Here is a cutting from the TeX document
to show how the pictures think they ought to be included:

\includegraphics[scale=1]{./jimCrowR.png}
\subsection*{\includegraphics[scale=1]{./jimCrow030.png} }

Then I realized that the png format is apparently not recognized at all
by my edition of TeX (tetex-1.0.7).  When I run latex on that file, I
get complaining of this sort:

Underfull \hbox (badness 10000) in paragraph at lines 52--53
[1]
! LaTeX Error: Cannot determine size of graphic in ./jimCrowR.png (no
BoundingB
ox).
Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

In other words, I thought I understood, but now I don't at all, and
could appreciate a pointer.

--
Paul E. Johnson                       email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]