>There is a port of LyX to Windows, it is prepared and maintained by Claus
>Hentschel, the location of it is:
>http://www.fh-hannover.de/mbau/tim/hentschel/lyx/index.htm

>It is based on Cygwin and uses X-Servers (It cant avoid the X-Server for
>now, though there is a long-term work to allow native ports).

I know this, this is the one I'm using today.

I think I should reprhase my question:

With the combination of Cygwin and XFree86 for Cygwin,
running on Windows NT, would it be possible to get the
originale LyX, NOT the Win32 port to run in this environment?

However, that question becomes academic unless there
is a TeX distribution that runs under Cygwin as well.
Would it not be fesable that teTeX might run in such
an environment?

Unfortunatly, I don't have the time right now to sit down and
try to compile these things myself. When I do find I spare
moment, I will try it. But if someone allready tried this out,
I would be very interested in hearing how it worked out.

- IT