HI

I need help for displaying notation used in the teaching of our
introductory financial maths course for displaying  present and future values
of annuities.

The required symbol is n with a line on top and a line to the right, followed
by and i,  pronounced n angle i.  Looks something like this
        _
        n | i

but with the lines joined. It can be done manually with ERT  latex as a single
cell table with a top line and right line, however I need to use this within
maths displays. Is this possible? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Lindsey
 Lindsey Bangay
    Department of Statistics
    Rhodes University,               The views expressed
    Grahamstown, South Africa             are my own
 Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]