>>Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 23:25:02 +0200
>>From: Dekel Tsur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>To: "C. S. Kan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, LyX users <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>Subject: Re: subsection in other language
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>>On Wed, Dec 13, 2000 at 10:35:02AM -0800, C. S. Kan wrote:
>>> I would like to write my thesis in Malay language where the English word
>>> for sections in Malay appear to be like these:
>>>
>>> Content - kandungan
>>> Chapter - Bab
>>> Bibiography - Rujukan
>>>
>>> and so on.
>>>
>>> Is there anyway that I can modify Lyx so that I get the desire output in
>>> Malay language for the title, sections and subsections?
>>
>>Put the following in the preamble:
>>
>>\renewcommand{\chaptername}{Bab}
>>\renewcommand{\contentsname}{Kandungan}
>>\renewcommand{\bibname}{Rujukan}
>>
>>To see a list of the names that can be changed, check the english.ldf file.

If you want to read Malay language in the LyX window as well, you might
create a .inc file in the layouts directory like the one in attachment
for French, and include it (as last included file) in the layout of your class.

--
Jean-Pierre
# Standard textclass definition file. Taken from initial LyX source code

# modifie les champs contenant le mot-clé "String"
# dans les styles standard

# ... dans stdlayouts.inc

# Caption style definition
Style Caption