Hello all together,
 i want to have a small picture in a figure float and the Caption besides
it. I finally managed it but in a very nasty way. is there a nicer one?
This is my solution:

\begin{figure}[hb]

\parbox[b]{8cm}{ inlined-figure } \hfill \parbox[b]{7cm}
{\caption[Energieniveauschema eines durchstimmbaren
"Vierniveau"-Festkvrperlasers]

{\sf Energieniveauschema eines durchstimmbaren
"Vierniveau"-Festkvrperlasers.

|1> Grundniveau

|2> Anregungsniveaus (kurzlebig \approx 10 \mu s)

|3> oberes Laserniveau (langlebig \approx 1 ms )

|4> untere Laserniveaus }

<tisa_niv>}

\end{figure}

I have three more questions to the figure float.
 I didn't manage to tell every single float where to stand (h,t,b,p). And
I didn't manage to make the difference in the \caption[]{} between the
normal text and that one displayed in the figure list. And the last
question is how can I change that the the caption in the text is formatet
like:

Abbildung xx: bla lbal ........
              bla lbal lllllll

I would prefere:

Abbildung xx:
bla labl .........
bla labl ..........

So if there is an more elegant way to do what I want, or answeres to my
three little questions I you might tell me.

Many thanks in advance
                        Wolfgang Kilian

example.ps