On Tue, Jan 23, 2001 at 10:03:14AM -0800, Anna H.Pryor wrote:

> Is it possible to put double lines at the top and bottom of tables?  I know that
> I can do this for all of the other lines in the table, but I only need it for
> the top and bottom lines...and can't seem to figure that out.

You cannot do it with the GUI, but you can do it with ERT:
For double line at the top, put '\hline ' (using latex mode) at the beginning
of the first cell (i.e. the top left cell).
For double line at the bottom, put the following line in the preamble

 \newcommand{\dblline}[2]{\\ \hline\hline}

and put '\dblline' at the end of the last cell.