On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, R. Lahaye wrote:

> Would it be a good idea to have LyX use a default measure unit,
> when not typing it explicitly? Let that be adjustable in the lyxrc file
> and in preferences.

hmm, not sure about that. Maybe. The real way to fix it is to have a combo
box of the units, like the KDE frontend does. But that might be too much
hassle with xforms.

> The "use package geometry" causes too much confusion. I think this
> option should go and so LyX decides whether to use the package or not.

Yes, this was decided recently, but no-one has got round to fixing the
xforms f.e. yet.

john

--
"Now I know why you say so little in person, you mouth is in a NOP because
 the brain is always inserting requests at the top of the list_head."