Dear LyXers,

                I have been using LyX, as well as writing programs using
the XForms myself, for quite a while under the LC_ALL=it_IT locale
specifier.

Until XForms version 0.88, all was OK. Since XForms 0.89, I started to
observe that all programs using them would be writing floats using the
COMMA as the decimal separator, yielding a number of problems (in LyX,
big problems with the preferences, as the font sizes are
written as x,00 instead as x.00 and this is misinterpreted
when reading--many font sizes being reset to zero.......).

I solved the relevant problems like this:

In my programs: by calling setenv("LC_ALL", "POSIX", 1);

In lyx: by aliasing LyX as lyx="export LC_ALL=POSIX;lyx" which,
unfortunately, also changes the language used in the menus, as well as a
number of bindings I was used to.

Is there a "specialized" locale only for numerals? limiting the locale
change to LC_NUMERIC=POSIX does NOT work!

Thanks al lot in advance!

                        Marco Bravi

--
Marco Bravi                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Dip. Ing. Chimica               tel. +39-06-44585587 / 612