Thies Wels wrote:
> > For the moment, you might want to download
> > ftp://hst33127.phys.uu.nl/pub/LyX/lyx.mo_1.1.6fix1.gz
> > gunzip it and copy it as lyx.mo to your locale directory, most probably
> > /usr/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/lyx.mo

> I did that but nothing changed. Do I have to configure something
> additionally? I tried the configure button without success. I also
> changed back to the cau bind file (although this might not have anything
> to do with this stuff.. :))

No. indeed, you shouldn't have to change anything except the locale
file, and after a restart of LyX everything should work.

But probably you changed the text in the bind file!

This is, if you change it from "Float|a" to "Float|o" or something, the
translation mechanism will not be able to find a matching translation,
the text ist not translated (and hence the new shortcut is ignored).
So, delete your changed private bind/menu file and see if it works then.

In addition, you can use
strace -o out lyx
grep lyx.mo out
this should result in a line like
open("/usr/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/lyx.mo", O_RDONLY) = 6
and see if LyX is reading the correct file.

  Pit

--
Peter "Pit" Suetterlin                      http://www.uni-sw.gwdg.de/~pit
Universitaets-Sternwarte Goettingen