On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Rem wrote:

- Stephen,
-
- I am using Mandrake 7.2 as well. Check if all of these packages are
- installed:
- (you can check them from drakconf and then package manager). Check if
- 1. gcc is installed with c++
- 2. libgc is there
- 3. latex2c++
- 4. cvs
- are installed. Finally, to be on the safe side, install the rpm for xpm
- library.
- Then lyx should compile....

All of the above except latex2c++ are installed on my system.  I
finally just added '--with-extra-inc=/usr/include/g++-2' to the spec
file and rebuilt the RPM using 'rpm -ba'.  Except for a zillion
warnings about:

/usr/include/g++-2/streambuf.h:485: warning: `void *' is not a
pointer-to-object type

the build went fine.

I did this via ssh from work so I won't be able to test until I get
home tonight.

Thanks to everyone who helped.

-