> In case anyone's interested, I've just written a very basic guide to
> lyx, available at
>
> www.bilkent.edu.tr/~robin/lyxguide.pdf
>
> It's aimed at university students and staff, so doesn't have anything
> about letter class etc. - it's just something to get people started in
> the right direction and give a brief taste of some of the things that
> can be done with lyx.  Feedback welcome!

I only had a quick look at it, but seems quite nice :-)

Comment regarding 3.3 Inserting figures:
You write that
"One drawback is that LyX can only handle images in PostScript
(or Encapsulated PostScript) format, [...]"
And on page 2 footnote 4 you explain the way
"LyX -> LaTeX -> TeX -> DVI -> PostScript"

When you choose the way
"LyX -> pdfLaTeX -> pdfTeX -> PDF"
you can include PDF, PNG and JPG images.

The only weird is that you have to tell LyX
to include an "EPS"  image anyway...

Marcus

http://www.Stormlight.de/lyx_de.html