>>Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 19:03:07 +0100 (CET)
>>From: Friedemann Baitinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>Subject: badly rotated PDFs from Landscape FoilTeX foils

>>this topic has been previously discussed but there still doesn't seem to
>>be a solution so I am bringing it up again:
>>
>>When I make presentations I am typically using LyX with the foiltex
>>package. As usually done with presentation I select
>>"Landscape" oprientation. dvi is displayed correctly and postscript
>>output is displayed heads down but can be corrected by selecting
>>"Seascape" from gv. Printing is ok because Seascape vs. Landscape
>>doesn't really matter, however, when I do a 'ps2pdf' on the output the
>>result is displayed in Portrait mode and I currently know only one very
>>ugly way to fix this and this is to fire up Acrobat in Windows and
>>rotate all pages and then save the result. This can't be the solution!
>>
>>Does anybody have a better solution?

I need pdf for video projection mostly, and what I want there is not
portrait (21x29.7cm in A4) nor landscape (29.7x21cm in A4) but
« video portrait » (someting like 29x23cm) which is not a standard AFAIK.

Here I didn't found any other solution than exporting every page to eps
and reinsering in this pseudo-portait geometry, all done in a perl script.

By the way, as I need PPT in PDF as well (for WWW publish there),
I use the same trick by exporting to PNG that time.

--
Jean-Pierre