I would like to know if it is possible to create a document wich has 2
columns of different width, for exemple a wide column at the right side
of the page, approx 13 cm wide, and a smaller one of 4 cm at the left
side. The main text would be in the main column, and the left column
would be used only for section or subsections titles, tables titles, or
figures titles.

I tried with a reverse margin note but I lost the result if I change the
basic font of the document from time to helvetica for instance.

I'm responsible for Education Bulletins where I work and I would like to
give a try to LyX for documents such as this one:
http://www.meq.gouv.qc.ca/STAT/Bulletin/bulletin_15.pdf (225 ko in
french) or
http://www.meq.gouv.qc.ca/STAT/Bulletin/bulletin_15an.pdf (177 ko
translated in english).