>>To: Alexandre Gonçalves Jacarandá <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>Cc: Herbert Voss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>>Subject: Re: First paragraph indent
>>From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Lars Gullik Bjønnes)
>>Date: 01 Mar 2001 18:22:17 +0100
>>
>>Alexandre Gonçalves Jacarandá <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>>| Yes, unfortunatelly in Brasil, by default we need to indent all the
>>| paragraphs...
>>
>>You can just try to include
>>
>>\usepackage{indentfirst}
>>
>>in the LaTeX preamble.
>>
>>We should perhaps support this directly in LyX...
>>any takers?

If the set of Brasilian typographic rules differs from
the original LaTeX ones, it would be better to
set up a brasil.sty which would be called by babel.
IMHO, the automated part of typography should not be
tunable from LyX, but left to the class or package.

In that line, the idea of tuning indentation from LyX
makes sense only for local changes, and is available as a
property of the paragraph layout.

The other way would be to offer a complete set of style definition
in the interface (i.e., be able to define a new resusable paragraph
layout when a local change is needed more than once,
I know onw commercial package which did so).
I don't know if this is planned in LyX development, but I'm not sure
that it is really needed for everyday use, so that efforts
in that line should not be on the top of the wish list.
We perhaps can leave style hacking to latex experts, or
just ask people wanting peculiar styles to hack themselves :-)

--
Jean-Pierre