On 11/10/2014 03:59 AM, Wolfgang Engelmann wrote:
Hello,

I can't find the reason for the following:
I inserted a cover image (>insert>file>external material>pdf pages).
The pdf output gives me in my German version of the book
an empty page (page numbered with 1) before the cover image appears.
The pdf output of the English version gives me correctly the cover image as the first page, however, the next page is empty (no page number, as it was in the German version), before the titlepage appears. What I want is the title page to appear immediately and afterward the title page, so no empty page before or after it. What should I do to find out the difference between the versions and how to avoid the empty page.
I am using lyx2.1.2 under kubuntu.

I would suggest you not try to insert the cover image in LyX. You can add it to the PDF when you are done using pdftk:

    # pdftk cover.pdf myfile.pdf cat output newfile.pdf

Much easier.

Richard