Hello,

I'm having a problem with math previews in lyx 2.1.2 - in certain documents
(possibly all documents set to be compiled with xelatex) there is no
preview for math.

When running from terminal I get the error in the subject:

Warning: xelatex had problems compiling lyxpreviews?????.tex

repeating a few times for various files. Locating those files in
"/tmp/lyx_tmpdir..." I can see there is a valid PDF for each, and running
xelatex manually on them works without any error.
Note also that on the same machine lyx 2.1.0 does not have the same
problem, and the same documents have previews.

What could be the problem, and how do I solve it?

Thanks