Andreas Hegenbart <Innenarch.Hegenbart <at> t-online.de> writes:

> Hi,
> you may try following:
> open Miktex - maintenance - package manager:
> probably you´ve to select the repository (i.e. CTAN)
> then: edit/select installable or all packages  (choose document
classes you
> need),
> task/ install
> Afterwards you´ve to reconfigure lyx (tools) , then close lyx and
start
> again.
> Hope it works
>
> Andreas

Thanks a lot, Andreas.

It worked. One problem was: The warning note said I'd need scrbook.cls
and
I kept looking for it. Once I got to the proper package name (koma-
script),
things became straightforward.

Regards.

Ashok

PS: A further question, non-essential at this stage. While trying to
access subsidiary documentation for knitr, I got a message about a
module. When I tried to add the requisite module, Rnw, I was told that
I'd need a package: knitr->Latex. I can't find the package.