On 03/09/2015 01:29 PM, Frederick FN Noronha * फ्रेड्रिक नोरोन्या * فريدريك نورونيا wrote:
Dear all:

I would be very grateful if anyone could give me a clue on how to universally enahance the font size of footnotes in a book.

The current size I'm using appear too small.

My document settings are as follows:

\renewcommand{\normalsize}{\fontsize{11.2pt}{13.2pt}\selectfont}

I'm not sure that is a good idea. It will mess up the relations to all the other sizes, which is probably part of why your footnote size is too small. It also fails to
adjust lots of other parameters. Here, for example, is what the \normalsize
command looks like in bk11.clo:

\renewcommand\normalsize{%
   \@setfontsize\normalsize\@xipt{13.6}%
   \abovedisplayskip 11\p@ \@plus3\p@ \@minus6\p@
   \abovedisplayshortskip \z@ \@plus3\p@
   \belowdisplayshortskip 6.5\p@ \@plus3.5\p@ \@minus3\p@
   \belowdisplayskip \abovedisplayskip
   \let\@listi\@listI}

You've effectively deleted most of that. So if you are going to try to do something like this, you should probably create your own package by modifying bk11.clo, and then loading that. (a bk*.clo files gets loaded automatically by book.cls, depending
upon what font size you have chosen.)

Richard

  • ... Frederick FN Noronha * फ्रेड्रिक नोरोन्या * فريدريك نورونيا
    • ... Richard Heck