Oh bother, I haven't got used to the google email client, and still seem to
send email to the sender when  I mean to send to all.

The Knitr example works fine, and my minimal examples work fine as well,
its just this file (42 pages) and indeed some others that have broken.
Unfortunately this is a regular happening between versions where I try to
use a file that hasn't been opened for a year.

I will just do what I have down in the past and copy paragraph by paragraph
into a new file, compiling as I go, and try and sort it out.

I do have a new error concerning the PDFS

"no information for converting pdf6 format to eps, Define convertor in the
preferences"

And then Lyx crashes.

Cheers,

Graham