On 04/23/2015 03:55 AM, Klaus-Dieter Bauer wrote:
Hello!

I am trying to define an inset, that compiles to \begin{widetext} ...
\end{widetext}.

Doing so with InsetLayout however, results in flexible-width insets
(like the Note inset), which is undesirable. E.g. when creating a such
a widetext inset with a single display-style equation inside, it will
be display a left-aligned equation in lyx, strongly at odds with the
compiled result (a full-width equation in a twocolumn document).

Is there some standard way to change this behaviour to be more like
boxes, i.e. full-width in LyX regardless of the contents?

I also posted the question on stackexchange[1] where an answer pointed
out that the behaviour for boxes is achieved by the code

     bool InsetBox::hasFixedWidth() const
     {
         return !params_.width.empty();
     }

in InsetBox.cpp, so I fear it may be hard-coded.

For reference, my current layout is

     InsetLayout WideText
         LyXType          Custom
         LabelString      WideText
         LatexType        environment
         LatexName        widetext
         Decoration       classic
         LabelFont
             Color        blue
             Size         Small
         EndFont
         MultiPar         true
         OptionalArgs     0
         Preamble
             \RequirePackage{widetext}
         EndPreamble
     End

I don't believe there is a way to do this via layouts. You could file an enhancement request,
though, for a FullWidth layout tag. It'd be very easy to implement.

Richard