Hi Bernd,

I think the cause of my error was I had said \print bibliography instead of
\printbibliography.  I was trying a clean new file and did it from memory.
Unfortunately I had made several changes and did not realise the stupid
spelling mistake.

I am now compiling  but no bibliography.  I tried with natbib=true and
without it with no luck

I also have tried with Document > Settings > Bibliography set to 1) default
and then 2) set to natbib(author, date) with no success and I've tried
setting the bibliographic style to apacite and plain.  ARRrrggh!

Thanks for the help

--
John Kane
Kingston ON Canada