Sorry, here is the file Beamertest.lyx
Wolfgang

Am 02.05.2015 um 17:18 schrieb Jürgen Spitzmüller:

  If I use an emphasized word in a beamer section or subsection, I am
getting an error >

The control sequence at the end of the top line

of your error message was never \def'ed. If you have

misspelled it (e.g., `\hobx'), type `I' and the correct

spelling (e.g., `I\hbox'). Otherwise just continue,

and I'll forget about whatever was undefined.

  Is this behaviour known

Yes. See Help > Specific Manuals > Beamer Presentations (Frame
"Overlay-aware commands").

and is there a way to avoid it?

Yes. Use Edit > Text Style > Emphasize in sections rather than normal
emphasizing.

Jürgen

I am using a scientific name such as *Bombyx* and would like to have it
emphasized.

Wolfgang