On May 6, 2015 at 12:30:32, Ygo Kanaki (x...@galama.net) wrote:

The main reason why me and my colleagues switched from MS-Word to Lyx is the
problems we had with all the different Office versions, and problem we had
opening Word-files in OpenOffice, etcetera. That was why we use Lyx.

Today I get a .lyx file from a colleague with a Mac. I try to open the Lyx
file, and I get this error message:

"/mnt/sda1/Dropbox/lithouse_shared_folder/Offers quotes prospects that we are
working on/Jolly_X/20150506/offer_27.11.2013.lyx is from a newer version of
LyX and the lyx2lyx script failed to convert it."

So I try to update my Lyx on Ubuntu 14.04 to a later version, but there is
nothing to update. I have the most recent version (2.0.6 from April 2013)
while my colleague has 2.1.2.2. from November 2014. I am out of luck.

We're on Openoffice again. :(

Repositories can take a while to update sometimes, not to mention you aren’t
even running the latest version of Ubuntu. You could manually update though by
downloading the binary from the LyX website (http://www.lyx.org/Download) and
update to the latest version (2.1.3) on your own.

-Steve