On 05/14/2015 04:12 PM, Jürgen Spitzmüller wrote:

    Hi Richard,
    I add the tex file as well.
    classicthesis-article is an example document from within André
    Miede's 'classicthesis-Lyx-v4.1' collection.
    None of the two allows for changing the page margins.
    While that was never necessary to do in the first, it is necessary
    in the latter because the top and bottom margins are unacceptably
    meager.
    Miede sure had his reasons to block such changes and he is right
    because everything is just perfect in his 'classicthesis-Lyx-v4.1'
    - but not in 'classicthesis-article'.
    For that reason I also attach the file classicthesis-config.tex as
    integral part of 'classicthesis-Lyx-v4.1'.
    I hope you can open the example as it could be some other file(s)
    out of the entire collection may also be needed.

Classicthesis internally loads typearea (from the KOMA bundle), so you need to use the commands of that package to change the layout:

\areaset{width}{height}

As opposed to geometry (which is used by LyX), you cannot alter the margins directly. Please refer to the KOMA manual for details and rationalization.

Jürgen

    Thanks and cheers!
    Michael

Thanks Jürgen,