Patrick Dupre <pdupre <at> gmx.com> writes:

> Sorry, but in my case, in overprint environment, when I highlight the
> picture for example, I cannot switch to center. This is not an option
> of paragraph setting like it should. I can only unstick/stick the indent
> paragraph. That is all!
> Why?

I cannot answer "why", but for me this is how it works:

1. Insert the overprint environment (and set the option to indicate on which
slides it should display).

2. In the overprint environment, insert a frameless box. (I switched it to a
parbox, but it's possible a minipage would work as well.) Leave the width at
100%, which is believe is the default setting.

3. Click inside the box and use the paragraph settings menu to set it to center.

4. Insert the graphic.

So centering is handled by the paragraph, not by a setting for the image.
Also, to be clear, I am not inserting an image float, just the image itself.