On 23 May 2015, Paul A. Rubin wrote:
> Anthony Campbell <ac <at> acampbell.uk> writes:
>

> > ~/.lyx/configure.log  doesn't show that it has looked for ANY document
> > classes, so I suppose that is the problem. Perhaps this is due to
> > something wrong with the Freebsd implementation of lyx. It's not a
> > disaster because I have other machines on which I can compile the beamer
> > files but I'd like to find what is wrong.
>
> I don't know anything about the FreeBSD implementation. One other possible
> thing to try: you could run the (Python) configuration script in a terminal
> and see if anything useful jumps out. The script is likely at
> /usr/share/lyx/configure.py (that's where I find it on Linux Mint).
>
> Could it be an issue with the version of Python running the script? I know
> that 3.0 was not backward compatible with 2.x, but I don't know whether that
> would affect the script, and if so whether it would result in a partial
> failure or a spectacular implosion.
>
> Paul

Thank you!!!

That was it. After the python script had run lyx started to process
beamer files correctly and ~/.lyx/configure.log confirms that it had
checked the classes as it should. I can't say I fully understand what
happened but it certainly solved the problem.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell                        http://www.acampbell.uk