On 16/06/2015 11:41 p.m., Daniel CLEMENT wrote:
Dear list members,

There's one small issue I've never been able to get fixed (since v. 1.4
I believe).

Though I write in French, I prefer to use a US-intl keyboard (for easy
access to various brackets), typing accents with dead keys.

Trouble is, LyX keeps translating " 'c " into an accented "c", unlike
any other app (which gives a cedilla "c", the expected behavior).

I carefully reviewed section 4.2 of the Customization manual, but though
I understand it's about tweaking the .kmap file, I'm a little
overwhelmed by the number of possibilities.

Should I use \kmod or \kxmod? acute or ' ? cC or c and C on separate
lines? In fact I get the impression that my .kmap file has no effect,
regardless of what I put into it.

TIA for any input. Best regards,
I find ",c" (comma c, rather than apostrophe c) gives a cedilla "c" using "european" as the primary keyboard map under Tools>Preferences>Editing>Keyboard/Mouse.

Andrew