Le mercredi 17 juin 2015 à 12:16 +0200, Daniel CLEMENT a écrit :
> Le mercredi 17 juin 2015 à 12:03 +0200, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes a écrit :
> > Le 17/06/2015 11:53, Jean-Marc Lasgouttes a écrit :
> > > I can reproduce your problem with my oldish Ubuntu 12.04. However, the
> > > same happens in all Qt applications. Therefore the bug is not ours and
> > > the solution, if any, needs to be searched in qt-relqted forums IMO.
>
> Jean-Marc, you're absolutely right! I have very few qt-apps but I
> managed to try Ipython-qtconsole (which I never use) and I indeed get an
> accented c there too. I should not have blamed LyX!
>
> I'll search the qt-forums, but perhaps in the meantime LyX will come up
> with some form of automatic correction that will turn all my " ć "into "
> ç " ...
> >
> > You could try this (old-ish) solution, for example:
> > http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1474091
>
> I doubt I can use that workaround because my DE is XFCE, and I have no
> trace of im-switch or other KDE advanced tweaks :-(
> >
> > JMarc
> Thanks for explaining where the bug comes from. Best regards,

SOLVED anyhow, according to this (highly controversial) bug report:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ibus/+bug/518056
(post #28, quoted below for reference)
--
For QT applications you need to edit this file:

/usr/share/X11/locale/en_US.UTF-8/Compose

and change every accented Cs by their corresponding Ç and ç (two times),
in these lines:

<dead_acute> <C> : "Ç" U0106 # LATIN CAPITAL LETTER C WITH ACUTE
<dead_acute> <c> : "ç" U0107 # LATIN SMALL LETTER C WITH ACUTE
--
BR,